Disney Costumes for Halloween :
As a kid one of the most vivid memory is to plonk down on the floor in front of the TV with our favourite Disney movie playing on the screen in front of us. So when it comes to costumes for Halloween we can be sure that you will love to deck up as your favourite Disney characters. There are many different Disney characters to choose from when you are planning on putting on a nice Disney costume this Halloween with October right around the corner. All you need to know is your favourite character. In case you are not sure what they would like to dress up as, maybe you can chose from the below mentioned costumes.
1. Alice in Wonderland costume : All you will require for this is a light blue dress, a white apron and a black hair bow. We are pretty sure that you can find these in your wardrobe itself. It does not matter if you do not get the colours exactly right. You can use a light powder blue flared knee length dress for the best effect. A nice white lace apron would be amazing for the costume. You will get nice black now hairbands in any good accessory store. All you will need is a loyal canine companion. We suggest that you get a stuffed toy dog for you to carry if you do not have an actual dog.
2. Minnie Mouse Costume : You can definitely pick up a nice Minnie Mouse costume from anywhere but why not try your hand at making me. All you will require is some red and black polka dotted fabric, a nice black tee and that quintessential black bow. You can easily make the costume according to your size and feel more comfortable in it than you would in a store bought one. You can pair the dress with a pair of black tights that you will find in your wardrobe. All you need to do is to colour the tip of your nose black in order to complete the look!
3. Hipster Ariel costume : However much you like the sound of going as The Little Mermaid, we know for sure that you would not entertain the idea of going out in a shell bikini on an October night. That is why we love this idea. All you need is a pair of green shorts and a bright purple tee to go with it. The nice red wig along with the wide framed glasses definitely adds to the appeal of the look. You will get the stuffed toy Flanders in any toy shop. So why not pick it up to complete the look. You will be quite a cute yet hot mermaid in this look.
4. Darla costume : If you have braces or any form of teeth ware then this is the look for you. Do not be disheartened even if you do not have it. You can always get fake ones! For this look you will need a collared t-shirt, an oversized sweater and long ginger pigtails. Though this character can be called border line villain based yet the overall look will come off rather cute. You can add a bag of water with a plastic fish in it. Or better still draw a dead fish on the plastic itself to make it look authentic. This will definitely help you stand out.
5. Rapunzel costume : The biggest problem with this costume is the hair. Do not have long hair? We no worries, you can always go in for some extension! You can be sure that you will get them very easily. This particular gown will require a little tweaking with the seamstress’s machine but the outcome will be fit for a princess. You can easilypurchase some lace trimming and turn a normal dress into a dress fit for the princess. Adding a nice flower crown will add to the look of the costume.
6. Tinker bell costume : Want to dress as this Nederland beauty? It cannot be easier than this with a nice green tube dress and some comfy puffy slippers. If you want to go all out then we recommend that youstich up the hemline of the dress to look like it does in the movie. You are all set to hit the town as the little bubbly fairy that she is. You can even tie up your hair like hers. If you are feeling a bit adventurous we recommend that you add some small bells at the end of the dress to make it look even more authentic.
7. Snow White costume : All you need is a bit of fabric, some white ribbon, a big puffy yellow tutu and a red hairband. You can create the look of this fairytale character without any issues at all. All you need to do is put together the fabric and the dress and then attach the lace to it once it is done. Wearing the hairband cannot be easier and you can even add a red cape when you are dressing up in order to look like you just stepped out of the deep dark woods. You will only be missing the 7 dwarfs!
8. Elsa costume : This has to be everyone’s favourite Disney character. You can be sure that you will get a lot of attention in this intricate dress if you can stitch all the different components of it together. But it being the intricate design it is we recommend that you go and pick it up from a good costume shop. This particular dress is made in the lightest of fabric and you are bound to feel very comfortable in it. Make sure that you get the head gear as well in order to complete the look.
9. Peter Pan and Smee : If you are planning to go together as a couple then this I a very out of the box idea that you can go for. When it comes to the Peter pan costume you can go for some bright green leggings and a green crop top with a belt to sum up the look. Do not forget the green cap with the red feather. When it comes to Smee’s costume you can pair a bright blue shorts with a nice white and blue stripped t-shirt. A red cap with a ball on top will help to sum up his look. You can even pick up the whole look from a good costume shop if you dpo not feel like assembling the whole look together.
10. Up : Are you looking for a costume for the whole family? Then this is the most adorable idea for you. You can dress up as the house with the balloons attached to you in order to get the exact look. You can have your kids dressed as Russell and Kevin to complete the look. If you have canine friend you can dress them up as Dug. It might consume a lot of your time to assemble this costume but at the end of the day all the adorable pictures will definitely be worth it!
11. Mary Poppins and Bert : This is another adorable costume that you can go for. This being an absolute classic you are bound to turn heads in this. All you have to do is go tweed all the way. When it comesto MaryPoppins’s costume, all you need is awhite high colored shirt and a black plaid skirt. Jazz it up with the iconic belt and the red bow. If you want to look more elegant you are welcome to carry the umbrella with you as well. Bert can go for the tweed look with a tweed dress and the top hat. If you are planning to go as a classic character then this might be the one for you.
12. Princess Merida : If you are looking for an over the top costume to turn heads in then this is the one for you. This elaborate costume might take hours to make but the outcome will make you stand out in any party that you attend. Be the character who knows what she wants and get yourself to go all the way to catch your dreams. You can opt for the mini lace dress version or the long skirt version based on how comfortable you are in them. Either way both the looks are bound to make you stand out.
These dresses are some of the most amazing dresses for you to try out this Halloween. If you are looking to dress up as a Disney character then you can definitely try these to turn heads. If you are going solo then one of the Disney princess costumes are bound to help you find a prince. As for the couple the couples costumes will make you look like the perfect adorable couple that you are. So head on out and get the perfect Disney costume for yourself. Or better still make it right at home in order to get the best fitting!