How to make a little red riding hood cape: Little red riding hood, one of the most intriguing stories from our childhood, still continues to fascinate the children of these era. The story reflects the innocence and naivety of a little girl as she trusts the big bad wolf which later eats her up goes to sleep and at last a hunter saves her life and slays the bad fox. This story sheds light on the innocent minds of children and how other people take this advantage to deceive them.
Many children may wish to dress like little red riding hood on Halloween or costume parties, but it becomes quite difficult for the parents to find the perfect costume. These costumes are quite expensive and become quite unessential after some point of time. But children should get what they desire, so in order to save you from the expense and trouble, a few steps are given below on how you can easily make a cape for your little red riding hood :-
- The items that you will require to make such a cape are red fabric (of about 2 meters), scissors, red ribbon (of 2meters) and fabric glue stick.
- First measure the required length of cloth needed to make your cloak, then in lengthways fold it in half.
- Cut another smaller piece of fabric long enough to cover your angel’s head and also fold it lengthways. It would work as the hood.
- Take the smaller piece (needed to make the hood) and stick that part one seam down. This seamed portion will act as the back seam of the hood.
- Now take the cape and fold over a little (about an inch) from the bottom. Then make another small cut (around 1 cm) from the edge and make successive cuts of 2 cm all through the folded edge.
- Now take the hood and fold about an inch from the bottom and cut it similarly through its folded edge as you have cut the cape.
- Now take the ribbon and join the cape and the hood like a weave.
- Find the glued seam by opening the hood and with the help of the ribbons thread on either sides of the seam through the holes.
- Now take the cape, line up the holes and gently thread the ribbon down through two holes joining the hood to the cape.
- Now keep on threading the cape and the hood with the ribbon through their adjacent holes. This task shroud be carried on gently as you should keep threading up and down via one of the holes in the cape and then through the matching hole in the hood. This task would become much easier if you number the holes in the cape and hood to keep track. In this step you are basically joining the hood to the cape. You should tightly weave through all the holes.
It is very difficult to sew a hooded cape for your beloved angel, but through this process you will easily be able to make a cape with a hood.